Sydney Dental Veneers Northshore cosmetic dentist
See our current Veneers promotion!
Veneers are a cosmetic procedure usually used for chipped, stained, damaged or misaligned teeth. The veneers are made of a very thin shell of porcelain that is bonded to the front of teeth. Once the porcelain is bonded to the teeth, it becomes very hard and durable. Porcelain veneers are an ideal solution to capturing the look you have always wanted with only minimal disturbance to your tooth surface.
Because they are thin, light can shine through them and they take on the natural colour of the underlying tooth.
As with other restorative procedures, once your teeth are meticulously prepared, a mould is taken to construct the veneers. We ensure to achieve a perfect alignment with your gum-line and a flawless natural look.
Optimal oral health will significantly contribute to the success and longevity of your new veneers, therefore Dr Linda and her team may prescribe a stringent oral hygiene routine, including the use of a special mouthwash for several weeks prior to commencement of your treatment.
Types of Dental Veneers
There are two types of veneers that are used by Dr Linda: Porcelain and composite.
- This substance is highly favoured for creating veneers because of its strength and durability.
- If porcelain veneers are well looked after with professional care and regular maintenance they could last for up to 25 years.
- Another advantage of having porcelain veneers is its ability to reflect light and match surrounding natural teeth,
- Composite veneers can be built up directly in your mouth, with the veneers able to be bonded and moulded to the front of your teeth in a single dentist visit.
- This type of veneer can offer an equal standard of improvement to appearance like that of porcelain.
- Veneers of composite material tend to be cheaper than porcelain though as they are less durable, may be in need of replacement more often.
Advantages of Veneers:
- Veneers look very natural and camouflage stains, chips and vertical fracture lines.
- It usually only requires two dental visits
- Porcelain Veneers are quite durable and can be long lasting with proper care
- Porcelain Veneers resist stains that resin bonded materials do not
As part of a smile-makeover it will give you more confidence to smile again. Book an appointment today!